The Holy Pots
Decoration of the Russian Doll pots has commenced, and below is my progress so far. I’ve made the top row of patterns on each pot go all the way through (hence Holy Pots!) because I quite like the idea that you can see one beneath the other. However I also want the pots to be functional, which is why I’ve only made the top row with holes! Some of them still have pencil marks on, and...
The Russian Doll Theory
My latest project is based on “Design for a Gallery Market”, and we have to make a series of objects that could be sold in a craft gallery. I’ve chosen to go with ceramics, and based my ideas around Russian Dolls and how they fit inside each other, as well as the Mexican Day of the Dead celebrations and the various bright colours and patterns commonly used on sugar skulls etc. ...
The recycling project ended ages ago, but I only just got round to taking photos. Slow! I rescued a broken chair. I cut up many many old t-shirts and weaved them to create a fabric, with which I reupholstered the seat. I discovered a lonely bike wheel and bent it slightly, and gave it a new home on the back of my chair. At this point I got ill. Otherwise I would have continued and weaved the old...
When Ceramics and Textiles clash
I thought I’d try sewing through ceramics, a bit of mixed media exploration, and I quite liked the effect. These are only small samples, but I think further exploration is on the cards:
The Drummer Photo
Just so I can compare easily, I’m thinking of developing the sketch a bit :]